As we look at the current landscape of public education, NSBA’s member associations have risen to the challenges we have faced over the past six months, and have adapted in ways we never imagined to meet the needs of the school districts and the schoolchildren we serve.
This year, we would like to hear about what you have done to engage, inform, and empower your members. What creative measures and services has your association taken during this time to:
- promote academic excellence for every child.
- address socio-economic and equitable challenges, including access to information and resources, impacting your member districts.
- made a meaningful impact on public education.
Regardless of the association staff size, every association has transformed how they provide resources and services to its members. This year, the Committee would like to select three recipients, one from each size of association, small, medium, and large. The association sizes are based on budget classification:
- Small – up to $2.5 Million
- Medium - $2.51 - $7.0 Million
- Large – Above $7.1 Million
The Committee invites you to share your successes by submitting an application for the 2021 National School Boards Association Leading Edge Award.
Should you have any questions, please contact Valarie Carty, State Association Services Director for additional details.
Thank you for your commitment and time.
2020 Chair, NSBA Leading Edge Award Committee &
NSBA Southern Region Director